You couldn't ask for a more inspiring visual guide to the greatest sights of Congo than the links off this post:
My own top five Congo attractions (never did the river trip)...Another post at Kim's blog provides insight into a global environmental emergency: the poaching of Congo's mountain guerrillas.
- Ruwenzori, the Mountains of the Moon, snow in Congo, third highest on the continent, the weirdest plants ever. Photos.
- Nyiragongo volcano, the third largest lava lake in the world, stare in a hole twice the height of Eiffel Tower and look at fountains of lava. Post.
- Mountain gorillas, take on the huge Silverback male with his harem full of fluffy babies. Damn, you only wished you could touch them. Photos.
- Pygmies of the Ituri forest will take you on a rush in the forest. Survival never looked easier. Photos.
- Itombwe Plateau, off limits area, unfortunately, simply picturesque landscape, highly interesting ethnic mix (or un mix), you could be the first white a whole generation will see. That is, on the condition you’re white. Photos.
Merci à Cédric Kalonji