Far more to my taste is Aaron Labaree's proposal for the "Seven Wonders of the Garbage World":
1. The Eastern Garbage Patch, Pacific Ocean.Although it did not make Labaree's list of the top seven, check out this short video from my visit to the great garbage dump of Jakarta:
2. Fresh Kills Landfill, Staten Island, USA.
3. Roro Asbestos Dump, Jharkhand, India.
4. Smoky Mountain, Manila, Philipines.
5. Shipbreaking Yards, Alang, India.
6. Yucca Mountain, Nevada, USA.
7. Electronic Waste Dumps, Guiyu, China.