Some highlights of recent developments concerning the airport:
- Suvarnabhumi is Thailand's main airport, one of the major airports of Asia.
- Anti-government protesters have taken control of the airport.
- Protesters succeeded have succeeded in preventing Thai PM from landing.
- Protesters say they won't leave the airport until the PM resigns. The army chief has also called for PM's resignation.
Situation at the airport:
- Restaurants in airport are closed.
- Staff friendly but clueless about what is happening.
- At least one grenade exploded by an highway overpass near the airport at 6:00am
- passengers being told to return to the city of Bangkok, and not hang around the airport waiting for flights.
- Hand grenade exploded Wednesday at an overpass near the airport.
CNN reports on the chaos at Bangkok's main airport:
The Nation newpaper provides this video shot at the airport:
A French tourist shot this video recently. It appears to have been filmed in the vicinity of the airport:
I continue to blog about the political upheaval in Thailand at Jotman.com.